Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catching up on the blogs I follow...

Wowza... thanks to link love, I have a flood of blogs that I now follow. I try to keep up, but honestly with everything else I do I'm lucky to catch one or two decent updates! ;)

I am up to over 60 blogs that I follow, 99% of them being fellow Etsians/Artists, while the remaining 1% are Gluten-free blogs - hey, a gluten-free girl has to eat! lol. I thought about posting some of my gluten-free experiences, but I'm not sure if I'd have the follow-through to make a decent series out of it. We'll see - I might just add a few here and there. The gluten-free life is definitely interesting!

Anyway, so I thought I'd share a few blog updates that really caught my attention.

First, Mommysdream at http://mommysdreamcreations.blogspot.com/ was featured in a blog that is offering a giveaway for a set of her beautiful handpainted butterfly glasses! I have been coveting those fabulous glasses for ages, no lie. I'm just too darn broke to invest in them at this point. So the idea of getting them FREE obviously not only caught my eye but caused me to drool compulsively while obsessively trying to enter every single way that I possibly could in order to win the said glasses. If any of you want to help in my name, please do! :) I really really really really really really really really REALLY want to win them lol!

Next, Happycloudmoments at http://happycloudmoments.blogspot.com/ wrote about her personal reaction to reading "New Moon," which is the second book in the Twilight series. Before I go any further - no, I am not a tween or teen. I don't read the books because it's "cool", and I don't see the movies because the guys are "hot." lol. I read it because it sounded like a great book, and I've been a fan of vampire fiction/shows since... well... probably since I was a teenager (which we'll just say was a while ago). In fact, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel were two of my fave shows back in the day, and I own both series on DVD. Anyway, so now that I've proven I'm just a nerd and not some silly pre-teen drooling over poster boys, on with the story. I left her a comment because frankly, I loved the series except for the end! It felt like the books just ended... I don't want to say too much more in case you are still working on reading the series. I also felt like some of the book felt "censored"... although I suppose when your primary readers are tweens and teens you have to be sensitive to that. Anyway, it was nice to see that another Etsian was enjoying the books.

I had to stop and browse the story left on this blog, http://keepingthefarm.blogspot.com/ , mostly because I thought the dog looked like a Border Collie. We have a BC, and he is the smartest dog - when he feels like it. ;) Ours is a little unusual in that he is primarily white, with just a couple of black spots, and has one blue eye and one brown eye. It used to be back in the day that white BC's were put down because they "blended with the sheep," so white BC's were mostly bred out and you don't find many. Even when you do, they tend to be either blind or deaf. Thankfully, our boy is neither of the above.

Speaking of our dog, I was sad to find out that I missed the FREE dog portrait contest on http://houseofpawzpetportraits.blogspot.com/ ! Like I said, I just have too many blogs that I follow to keep up with each one, and I was a little late in hearing about this one. I'll have to remember in the future to keep my eyes posted for that - it would be fun to have our dog's portrait done!

Finally, I learned something new from http://www.crazysockscrochet.com/ ! I have been crocheting for years, and have never heard about "applying lube" to your hooks. It sounds a little crazy but makes sense... I may just try it on my next crochet project. :)

Anyway, off to get things done. Please feel free to visit these blogs to read their full posts, and let them know I sent you their way! :)

1 comment:

  1. Link Love bought along quite a few followers to my blog also and in return I following them too. It's overwhelming and hard though, to keep up and visit all blogs but making a start somewhere is a good start.

    What your doing is very nice and it brings to our attention some lovely bloggers.

    I really hope you win the glasses. Fingers crossed for you :)