Saturday, March 6, 2010

Seriously?!?

I apologize in advance that this posting may be hard to understand, but you'll soon understand why.

Recently I had an issue with eating something that had apparently been cross-contaminated with gluten. Being somewhat new to gluten-free living, and lacking any sort of brains at the moment, I decided since I was sick anyway (from the gluten) that I would go ahead and eat something that I knew full well was loaded with gluten.

Bad Idea. Really Really Bad Idea.

So, I spent the greater portion of this week running to the bathroom and suffering from terrible stomach cramps, mostly from my own doing (the cross-contamination by itself would have probably only made me sick for a day, maybe two).

I was finally feeling better on Wednesday, and decided I could handle running a shirt order out to my mom. My mom had been sick with a cold, but I figured no biggie because all I was doing was dropping off an order.

I spent maybe 15-20 minutes max at their house while dropping off the order and catching up.

Thursday, I noticed my nose kept running and I was a little tired, but figured it was probably allergies due to the weather changing and also some continued fatigue from the gluten issues.

Early Friday morning (1am), I woke up with a raging sore throat and continued to wake up off and on due to sweats, which I can only assume were from a fever.

Yep, I caught my mom's cold. Only 15-20 minutes of exposure max, and serious hand scrubbing once I got home... but I still caught it.

Now I am dealing with on again, off again fever, very bad sore throat, little voice, deep hacking cough, and lots of fatigue.

Dang my lack of an immune system!!!!! Here I was finally feeling better after my gluten nightmare, only to catch one of the nastier colds I've had this season. Yuck!!

So much for catching up on my work....

No comments:

Post a Comment