Thursday, March 4, 2010

Preparing for Spring

This winter has been difficult all over the country, and here in Nebraska has been no exception. Thankfully, this week has been showing some signs of improvement, and maybe soon we might actually hit "average" temperatures! ;)

In the meantime, I was browsing through my Better Homes and Gardens magazine and saw that their flower package for the month was a set of Hostas.

I have a seriously bad black thumb (I'm not a great gardener, that's for sure!), but one thing that has succeeded in my current yard are hostas, so I decided I would order them as a pick-me-up to prepare myself for spring.

I placed the order and they will be shipped to my brother's house (since we hopefully will be moving soon, if we can get our house to sell). I can't wait to see them! I love all the different varieties of hostas, and that I can't kill them... or at least, I haven't yet. ;)

Do you have a way of cheering yourself up while you wait for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment